Flying to Vancouver
If you’re arriving by air, you’ll most likely be flying into Vancouver International Airport (YVR). There are more than a dozen international flights in and out of YVR every day, with 22 bound for the United States.
For an estimate of how long it might take to fly to Vancouver, see the international flying times map or follow the link that appears below.
These maps and other information can be found at: Flying Times
Airport Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
The Vancouver International Airport is located only 16 kilometers away – a 30-minute drive – to and from The Westin Bayshore Vancouver.
Most car rental companies are available directly at the Vancouver International Airport.
Canada Line (by TransitLink) is a rapid transit rail link connecting YRV to downtown Vancouver in 26 minutes.
If you are arriving from within Canada, go to Level 3 and walk toward the Link Building. Just follow the signs marked Canada Line.
If you are arriving from the U.S.A or from an International Destination, walk toward the exit to the International Arrivals Greeting Area, exit the building following signs marked Canada Line. Before the parkade entrance, an escalator and elevator will take you up to the Canada Line platform.
- From the Vancouver International Airport to the Waterfront Line
- Transfer to Bus Route 253 West – Caulfield
- Exit at West Georgia/Cardero St
- Time: 40 minutes
- Fare (as of September 2015): $16.75 per trip
- Before entering the Fare Paid Zone, pay for your ticket at the ticket vending machines. These machines accept coins and bills (up to $20). Debit and credit cards are accepted at most SkyTrain stations.
- Peak Hours: 6-7 minutes
- Evening: 12 minutes
- Late Night: 20 minutes
- Sat, Sun & Holidays: 6 – 20 minutes
- First Train: 5:07am
- Last Train: 12:56am
A cab ride from the airport to The Westin Bayshore Vancouver will cost you approximately $35-40. The taxi station is located at Level 2 of the Vancouver International Airport
For more information on taxis, click here