HANDS-ON DOSIMETRY WORKSHOP
Time: 08:30 - 13:00
A workshop aimed at young scientists and those new to the radiation processing industry who require an understanding of the fundamentals and practical application of dosimetry.
- Radiation fundamentals and applicable standards
- Dosimetry as a tool in IQ – OQ – PQ -monitoring
- How are traceable dose measurements achieved?
- How to calculate uncertainties in practice
- Hands-on exercise: dosimetry measurement with three optical and one EPR system
GAMMA TOPICAL ISSUES
A workshop that specifically relates to gamma radiation processing and the use of cobalt-60. It aims to have a broad international perspective and be a forum for discussion.
- Large, medium and small operator perspective
- Cobalt-60 supply
- Cobalt-60 transport and disposal
- Regulation, safety and security
- Q&A discussion